Age of Wonders: Planetfall is my favourite real-time technique recreation of the 12 months, and writer Paradox Interactive and developer Triumph Studios introduced lately that it’s getting its first enlargement — Revelations, which can carry new marketing campaign missions and placement mechanics together with introducing one thing new: the “historic Heritor Secret Era.”
Paradox made the announcement lately at its annual PDXCON fan conference in Berlin. You’ll be able to purchase this enlargement or get it as a part of the Xbox Sport Cross. It launches November 19.
Planetfall got here out in August for PC, PlayStation four, and PC, and it’s the primary recreation. Triumph’s Age of Wonders sequence to function a sci-fi atmosphere. Some people nervous that may make the sequence really feel bizarre, however I’ve discovered that Triumph had little issues adapting their very good moment-to-moment gameplay to another milieu.
Revelations’ tale is in regards to the Es’Teq dynasty. Entombed for years, this historic other folks’s descendants, the Heritor, intention to make use of their ancestors’ tech to “reincarnate” billions of fans all through the galaxy … and taking up. The Heritor use Entropy of their guns, which can be sturdy towards machines (kinda of a bonus in a sci-fi atmosphere). Consistent with Paradox, those guns additionally “awaken historic Es’Teq minds.”
Different options come with, in keeping with Paradox:
- Anomalous Websites Mechanic: You’ll be able to discover greater than 30 puts, stuffed with traps and foes, to earn rewards and discover secrets and techniques.
- Further Marketing campaign Missions: That is all in regards to the go back of the Es’Teq dynasty and the upward push of the emergence in their Heritor descendants. This provides greater than 10 hours of gameplay over two campaigns.
- New Secret Tech — Heritor: With this tech, you’ll drain the essence of your foes. You get new talents, Entropy guns, and new devices.
- Tomb Global Situation: The Heritor emerge to unfold destruction on this situation. It additionally has a multiplayer questline — and also you and a pal tackle those fiendish foes?
- New NPC faction: The Forgotten: As Triumph says, they’re “damaged, insane, or differently not worthy for Heritor’s utopian society. The Forgotten have been by no means supposed to be resurrected.
- New places, pick-ups, and mechanics: You pass to Essence Gashes or Es’Teq Wells to get new battle impacts or talents. The Holopad is a pick-up that provides diplomatic rewards and extra affect over allies and foes. The Soul Beacon, Cluster Mine Launcher, and the Firestorm Missile Silo are new Imperial defenses that you’ll take over to assist in battle.
- Loose content material: Everybody will get the facility to take over Imperial defenses, unlocking Operations that reinforce the battle results of your colonies. The Orbital Relays mechanic boosts your empire’s infrastructure, offering for near-instant unit transportation between sectors. However Triumph cautions to “watch out for sabotage interference via enemies.”
You’ll be able to take a look at all of it out when Age of Wonders: Planetfall launches November 19.