2020’s Dell XPS 13 Developer Version is a brilliant Linux pc. Now it is higher than ever. On June 23, Canonical, the corporate at the back of Ubuntu Linux, introduced the most recent Dell XPS 13 Developer Version is now to be had in North The us and decided on EMEA international locations with Ubuntu 20.04 Lengthy Time period Fortify (LTS) pre-installed.
This makes the Dell XPS 13, with its rapid Ice Lake Intel Core i7-1065G7 and as much as 32GBs of RAM and Hynix 512GB NVMe Cast State Pressure (SSD), the primary transport Ubuntu 20.04 LTS gadget. This can be a nice mixture. I have upgraded my Dell XPS 13 to Ubuntu 20.04 from 18.04 and it runs like a best.
To refresh your reminiscence, Ubuntu 20.04 options:
- GNOME three.36 including progressed consumer workflow and function improvements
- New and up to date programs together with LibreOffice 6.four, Thunderbird 68.7.zero
- Over 6,000 snaps from the Snap Retailer together with Visible Studio Code, Slack, Spotify, Plex and the JetBrains portfolio
- New desktop Yaru default theme with mild and darkish modes
- Stepped forward settings for WiFi, wallpaper and alertness teams within the ‘Actions’ evaluation
The most recent Dell XPS 13 Developer Version is a well-crafted piece of computing artwork. It is produced from CNC machined aluminum, aerospace-inspired carbon fiber or woven glass fiber in a sturdy, compact and light-weight design. It additionally comes with:
- Higher 16:10 show, edge-to-edge keyboard, with greater keycaps and a bigger touchpad
- Eyesafe show generation reduces destructive blue mild and maintains bright colour
- Fingerprint reader
- Wi-Fi 6 skill (Killer AX1650 constructed on Intel Wi-Fi 6 Chipset)
- As much as 18 hours and 49 mins of battery existence on FHD+.
In a observation, Canonical’s Martin Wimpress, Director of Desktop Engineering, stated
We are overjoyed to peer the primary Dell programs send with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Enterprises are increasingly more equipping their builders and engineers with the running gadget in their selection making sure prime end-user productiveness. [This combination] gives the efficiency builders call for with the peace of mind of safety and long run enhance that IT control wishes.
Barton George, Founding father of Mission Sputnik and Dell’s XPS Developer Version, seen, “Ubuntu 20.04 LTS continues our long-standing partnership with the Linux developer group to supply Ubuntu qualified hardware that works out-of-the-box, enabling the perfect ranges of productiveness.”
Pricing begins at $1,199.99 for an i5-based Developer Version with 8GB of RAM, a 256GB SSD, an FHD show, and Ubuntu 18.04.04 LTS preloaded. The maxed-out unit I reviewed would price $2,049.99 — and it used to be value each and every penny. It is the quickest Linux gadget I have ever used.