Occupation web page Glassdoor as of late launched its 12th annual Workers’ Selection Awards, an inventory of the 100 perfect firms to paintings for within the coming yr. HubSpot was once topped now not simply as the number 1 tech corporate to paintings for in 2020, however the most productive corporate total.
HubSpot develops device merchandise for inbound advertising and gross sales, nevertheless it has additionally got AI startups like Kemvi and Movement.ai. The corporate dethroned Zoom from ultimate yr, which beat out Fb the yr sooner than. Glassdoor has named Fb the highest tech corporate 5 out of 12 occasions: in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2017, and 2018.
Going again a couple of years, Airbnb was once first for 2016, Google led for 2015, and Twitter received for 2014. Neither Airbnb nor Twitter have made the record for the ultimate 3 years. Google did, as did Apple — those are the one two tech firms to make the record all 12 years. However this yr, perhaps as a nod to the backlash towards giant tech, Google was once quantity 11 (down from quantity eight), whilst Apple was once quantity 84 (down from 71).
Best tech firms to paintings for
Remaining yr, 29 tech firms made the U.S. record of the highest 100 firms (up from 28 the yr sooner than). This yr, 31 tech firms made the record (rankings are in accordance with a five-point scale, from 1.zero as very disillusioned to five.zero as very glad):
- HubSpot (#1, four.6 score)
- DocuSign (#three, four.6 score)
- Final Instrument (#eight, four.five score)
- Google (#11, four.five score)
- LinkedIn (#12, four.five score)
- MathWorks (#16, four.five score)
- Nvidia (#20, four.four score)
- Microsoft (#21, four.four score)
- Fb (#23, four.four score)
- Compass (#32, four.four score)
- SurveyMonkey (#33, four.four score)
- Salesforce (#34, four.four score)
- Kronos Integrated (#35, four.four score)
- VMware (#36, four.four score)
- Adobe (#39, four.four score)
- AppFolio (#45, four.four score)
- SAP (#48, four.three score)
- CDW (#51, four.three score)
- Yardi Techniques (#53, four.three score)
- JDA Instrument (#57, four.three score)
- Nextiva (#64, four.three score)
- Paycom (#65, four.three score)
- Dell (#67, four.three score)
- Slack (#69, four.three score)
- Intuit (#70, four.three score)
- Noom (#75, four.three score)
- UST International (#76, four.three score)
- Cisco Techniques (#77, four.three score)
- Apple (#84, four.three score)
- Epic (#96, four.three score)
- Intel (#100, four.three score)
Novices this yr come with SurveyMonkey, Dell, and Slack. Once a year, tech firms are prominently displayed on employer lists like Glassdoor’s. In any case, jobs within the tech trade are neatly compensated. After the 31 firms in tech, the following few classes have considerably fewer representatives: well being care (9 firms), retail (8 firms), production (8 firms), and actual property (six firms).
The Workers’ Selection Awards record is in accordance with the enter of workers who make a selection to offer comments (no less than 75 will have to reply) on their activity, paintings atmosphere, and corporate by way of an nameless on-line corporate evaluate survey. This yr’s time frame for submissions was once between October 23, 2018 and October 21, 2019. Glassdoor then makes use of a “proprietary set of rules” to resolve an total rating “in accordance with the amount, high quality, and consistency of evaluations.”
Effects are thus in accordance with what workers anonymously inform Glassdoor about their employer. Workers may give comments on 8 office attributes, which the set of rules takes under consideration: total corporate score, occupation alternatives, reimbursement and advantages, tradition and values, senior control, paintings/lifestyles stability, suggest to a chum, and six-month industry outlook. Glassdoor additionally considers quite a lot of varieties of employment standing, together with full-time, part-time, contract, and freelance. Intern evaluations aren’t regarded as, nor are evaluations from workers at executive organizations, universities, or multi-level advertising businesses.