Kratos slew all of the Olympic pantheon, and extra lately, fought to offer protection to his son from the cruel global of Norse mythology. That newest journey has earned God of Conflict the largest prize of the Sport Builders Convention 2019.
Sony Santa Monica’s blockbuster motion recreation took house the coveted Sport of the Yr trophy on the 19th Sport Builders Selection Awards, a rite that’s a part of the once a year San Francisco tournament. God of Conflict beat out Go back of the Obra Dinn, Crimson Lifeless Redemption 2, Wonder’s Spider-Guy, and Celeste (which used to be GamesBeat’s selection for recreation of the 12 months).
Whilst it used to be the one win of the night time for God of Conflict, it used to be the 3rd main GOTY award general for the sport: It prior to now received the highest prize at February’s DICE Awards and ultimate 12 months’s The Sport Awards. However typically, indie video games did extraordinarily smartly in opposition to their triple-A contest, taking house a complete of 8 awards. Right here’s a listing of the remainder of this night’s winners:
- Highest Debut: Florence (Mountains)
- Highest VR/AR Sport: Beat Saber (Beat Video games)
- Highest Cellular Sport: Florence (Mountains)
- Highest Narrrative: Go back of the Obra Dinn (Lucas Pope)
- Pioneer Award: Rieko Kodama (lead manufacturer and director at Sega)
- Highest Audio: Celeste (Matt Makes Video games and Energy Up Audio)
- Highest Era: Crimson Lifeless Redemption 2 (Rockstar Video games)
- Highest Visible Artwork: Gris (Nomada Studio)
- Highest Design: Into the Breach (Subset Video games)
- Lifetime Fulfillment Award: Amy Hennig (recreation fashion designer and Uncharted author)
- Innovation Award: Nintendo Labo (Nintendo)
- Target market Award: Beat Saber (Beat Video games)